Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I am sure you have a few questions! Check out this board to see if we've already answered them for you!

TOPIC: Private Messages Configuration Changes

Private Messages Configuration Changes 4 years 11 months ago #4721

• jschara
  • Administrator
  • Wandering life's ice floes.
  • Thank you received: 134
If you're like some of us, we forget to check Private Messages (even though there is a small text link in the upper right of the box at the top of the screen with your profile picture in it). I checked the private message configuration file, and the capability to have either a notification or the entire message emailed to you exists, so I've enabled that option.

Click on Private Messages
Click on Settings
Click the Radio Button that reflects your preference. If you don't want this, don't worry, I left no as the default setting, so nothing has changed for you.

I also enabled a few other features in the software. As long as I don't hear of any problems as a result of it, you may now send a Private Message to up to five people at a time. You may sort messages, and if someone is bothering you by sending you private messages, you may block them from doing so (and the system will not tell them you've blocked them).

I think that's it. I hope you find these changes helpful.
Jean

Member since September 7, 2002. Part-time site admin. If you hear from me, I might be trying to resolve a concern you're having. I spend a lot of time behind the scenes here. Or maybe I'm off writing or revising something? Could be!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErinMH

Replies in Topic: Private Messages Configuration Changes

Private Messages Configuration Changes jschara 4 years 11 months ago
Moderators: jschara
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds