Join in the insanity! Have fun!

TOPIC: Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13

Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 4 years 4 weeks ago #19311

• Ashe Elton Parker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The faucet is on!
  • Thank you received: 2039
J.A. Marlow wrote:
Report your word count for the day here!

Imagine a story where your villain is the main character. Do you think people could relate to them?

Optional Writing Prompt: Someone is lying, but who?

862 words on TPOM3, but none on Brotherhood.

TPOM3:

There are essentially three villains in TPOM3:

Jinée, High Priest of the border Temple Post my MCs are stationed at. I think she could be written sympathetically if I wrote from her point of view.

Owée sresaph Jalza, a Mage at the post who is tight with the High Priest, hoping to ride on the honor both women expect Jinée to receive. I think I could write her in such a way she'd be sympathetic if she were the MC.

Enemy Mage (MCs don't know his name yet). I'm not sure I could write him sympathetically, in part because I have no comprehension of his sadistic nature and find it extremely distasteful to describe what he does to my MCs from their pov, never mind his. I think, if I could spend any time developing his character on a deeper level than I've been able to, I may be able to make him sympathetic despite his sadism.

Brotherhood:

Viscount Karé Éecini is the only antagonist or bad guy in this story, and I'm fairly certain I'd be able to write him sympathetically if he were the MC instead. He has several good qualities which are merely twisted by his upbrining which would make him comprehensible even though he doesn't see himself as being in the wrong and sees no reason to "correct" behavior others deem improper.
Ashe Elton Parker
A writer of LGBT characters in Speculative Fiction

Look for storymaker on Dreamwidth

I try to Art too
My DeviantArt

Member Since 1998

~

"Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on."

~ Louis L'Amour
Last Edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Ashe Elton Parker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13

Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 J.A. Marlow 4 years 4 weeks ago
Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 jameskearl 4 years 4 weeks ago
Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 Loyd 4 years 4 weeks ago
Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 Ashe Elton Parker 4 years 4 weeks ago
Wordcount and Question of the Day - 11-17-13 J.A. Marlow 4 years 4 weeks ago
Moderators: J.A. Marlow
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds