Username: Password: Remember me
Join in the insanity! Have fun!

TOPIC: Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano

Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano 2 years 8 months ago #37017

• Gabriele Campbell
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Praefectus Castelli Perditi
  • Thank you received: 36
I'll try my hands on two short stories or maybe novelettes. Stop laughing there. :woohoo: Both are based on real events. Gannascus is a historical character (not sure if I'm going to introduce a fictive MC) while Cathair is fictive, but the other characters are historical.

Rhenus River Reivers
Gannascus, chieftain of the tribe of the Canninefates, deserts the Roman army where he served as auxiliary, and ignites a rebellion of the German tribes along the shores of the North Sea and the lower Rhine, plundering the land and attacking Romans where he sees a chance of victory. It takes the stern command of general Corbulo, hastily despatched from Rome, to reaffirm the discipline of the legions and reassert Roman dominance. But a murder will have consequences Corbulo underestimated, and Gannascus' shadow looms over the Romans stationed at the lower Rhine even after his death.

Battle of the Blue Swords
In the 7th century AD, the Angles of Northumbria, the Picts, and the Dál Riatans strive for supremacy in Scotland. The Dál Riatan warrior Cathair has created a Pictish sub-kingdom by claim of his mixed ancestry. But Bridei, high king of the Picts, endeavours to cast off the yoke of Northumbrian supremacy and wants to unite the tribes - by force if needs be. Cathair has to question his ambitions and face his past in order to forge an alliance of Picts and Dál Riatans against the Northumbrians that will culminate in the battle of Nechtansmere - the Battle of the Blue Swords - where the Northumbrian king Ecgfrith is slain.

The second one started out as 2YN for 2014 but I put it on hold for various reasons. Maybe it's not a novel but something shorter since it hasn't so far tried to sprout enough characters to populate a middle sized town and more subplots than Chtulhu has tentacles, like most of my NiPs do. :) The first bunny still has wet fur and needs some rubbing down. I aim for 10K which should give me a start on something, hopefully.
Roman novels: A Land Unconquered / Eagle of the Sea / Beyond Dark Mountains / Never To Return
Mediaeval: The Saga of House Sichelstein (Forged at the Fighting / Survivors of Spears / In War to Defend)
Historical Fantasy: Kings and Rebels (The Price of Honour / The Shores of Exile / The Reign of the Sword / The Burden of a Crown / The Way of No Return)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gabriele Campbell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano

Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano J.A. Marlow 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano Inkling 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano LCAisling 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano LCAisling 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano Ashe Elton Parker 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano MarFisk 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano RebeccaD 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano Gabriele Campbell 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano Ashe Elton Parker 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano Gabriele Campbell 2 years 8 months ago
Your Nano Project? - April 2015 Nano onyxflame 2 years 8 months ago