Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Join in the insanity! Have fun!

TOPIC: Zette's Nano Thread

Day 1 through 3: 26,361 5 years 1 month ago #2235

• zette
  • Administrator
  • Chaos, panic and disorder: My work here is done!
  • Thank you received: 341
I am writing the seventh Devlin Novel. There was an original to this about 15 to 20 years old, but I stripped it down to an outline and I'm starting over. Since I'm hoping to get the Devlin books out in the next three years, it's important to push through on these.

I had a great first and second day and managed over 11k each day. Wonderful start.

Then, on the evening of the second day we had a major electrical problem at the house. We basically shut down everything we could and went to bed early. The next morning (Saturday) we had an electrician at the house who did some work, mostly in patches for the moment, and will come back on Tuesday when it won't cost us so much. At that point he's going to rework a lot of stuff, so I'll be off line for quite a while.

I got about 5k done on Saturday and counted that good.

Then about the time I was heading for bed, I realized that Edmond (cat) could not stand up. That scared the hell out of us. We ended up calling a vet (not our usual one who was not on call) at three in the morning. Then I sat up with him all night and Russ took him to the vet at about ten in the morning. By then we were fairly certain it was only a problem with his rear right leg, but it was still something that kept us up, making sure the problem wasn't just a sign of a bigger problem developing.

(So, are you getting this? Emergency electrician call. Emergency Vet call. Yeah, we're talking money here. Plus an emergency trip to the vet on Sunday morning.)

Russ brought him back home. All the checks indicate he has an abscess on his ankle joint. So he got a shot there and if it doesn't clear up in a couple days, he goes to the regular vet.

I am writing this on day four, and I've had hardly any sleep. I really don't think I'm going to get much of a count today.
RAVENTOWER & MERRIWEATHER 1: SECRETS

Lord Micalus Raventower is a genius at creating clockwork creatures and tinkering with steampunk engines, but that doesn’t explain why Atiran assassins are suddenly intent on killing him. Lt. Merriweather is assigned to protect the eccentric young lord, and she soon learns there may be good reasons for the Atrians to want Lord Raventower dead.

www.smashwords.com/books/view/673823
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Zette's Nano Thread

Zette's Nano Thread zette 5 years 1 month ago
Day 1 through 3: 26,361 zette 5 years 1 month ago
Day 1 through 3: 26,361 MarFisk 5 years 1 month ago
Day 1 through 3: 26,361 Ashe Elton Parker 5 years 1 month ago
Day 1 through 3: 26,361 RavenCorbie 5 years 1 month ago
Day 1 through 3: 26,361 NPhoenix 5 years 1 month ago
Day 4: 3668 words/ 30,029 total zette 5 years 1 month ago
Day 5: 5295/35,324 total zette 5 years 1 month ago
Current count: 87,267 zette 5 years 1 month ago
97373 zette 5 years 1 month ago
Yeah. Words zette 5 years 3 weeks ago