Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Join in the insanity! Have fun!

TOPIC: Cat's Nano Adventure

Cat's Nano Adventure 5 years 1 month ago #2250

• CatP
  • Member since Dec 06th 2005
  • Thank you received: 14
First time I did Nano was 2005, after I discovered that the voice in my head were characters in a book yet to be written. I heard about Nano in October, decided that since I was a new writer to do such a thing was a stupid idea. only setting myself up for failure. Decided October 30th I'd do it, with a one line idea.

I wrote 53K that year, had a ball, met some crazy people, but also discovered I wrote crap and didn't have a clue about this writing thing, despite having written business and user documentation for 25 years.

I went searching for help and found FM in December. I haven't left here since.

I've done Nano since, sometimes getting the words, sometimes not.When I went back to Uni in 2009 I decided that exams (In Aust they are in Nov) were more important. Since then I hadn't taken part for various reasons. Last year it was health issues - mine, my son's - and the fact the Muse wasn't talking to me.

Life settled down and slowly I was getting back into writing, so I decided to give Nano a go this year, writing some shorts or maybe a novella or two. No stress, just enjoy. No prep any more than a couple hundred words summary. But then that's normal for me.

So this then is my progress page.

P.S. My personal trainer, who has no concept of Nano, or even writing words not than notes, as set her group a challenge in Nov - 100 pushups in the day. We can do them in groups and we need to note the maximum number we do in a row. So I'll post that progress too.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by CatP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Cat's Nano Adventure

Cat's Nano Adventure CatP 5 years 1 month ago
Day 4 CatP 5 years 1 month ago
Cat's Nano Adventure CatP 5 years 1 month ago
Moderators: J.A. Marlow
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds