Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Howdy

Howdy 4 years 10 months ago #6906

• Michael Tinker Pearce
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello, I'm Michael Tinker Pearce. I'm a full time professional knife and sword maker who has recently turned/returned to writing fiction with my wife Linda Pearce. I was consulting on the Mongoliad/Foreworld project and when they circulated a request for Foreworld Novellas Linda and I decided to give it a go. Our first Foreworld novella, "The Shield Maiden," was published by 47 North last November.

About twenty years ago I wrote some short fiction, some of which sold. Since then I have been writing primarily non-fiction, much of it related to my profession or other interests such as cooking, classic cars, firearms etc. This included a book on medieval european swords that has been quite successful.

We're currently finishing up our first novel, a heroic fantasy, which we plan to self-publish in February (knock-on-wood!) This is part of a four-book series, so keeping momentum up will be important...

In addition to being very knowledgable about swords and other edged weapons I am a student of Historic European Martial Arts, both armed and unarmed. I am also a former Combat Pistol competitor and am very familiar with modern firearms and am happy to consult on these subjects if people need information.
"Then one night as my car was going backwards through a corn field at 90 mph I had an epiphany..."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Howdy

Howdy Michael Tinker Pearce 4 years 10 months ago
Howdy Ashe Elton Parker 4 years 10 months ago
Howdy Maripat 4 years 10 months ago
Howdy Magic Seeker 4 years 10 months ago
Howdy J.A. Marlow 4 years 10 months ago
Howdy Michael Tinker Pearce 4 years 10 months ago
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds