Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Returnee says hello

Returnee says hello 4 years 10 months ago #7084

• Arike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Just give me pen and paper, and I make a universe.
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey all,

What a shiny new site this is!

I'm Arike, and I've visited Forward Motion on and off over the years, I attended the two-year-novel class some years ago and joined a couple of monthly challenges after that.

I'm one of a growing number of writers writing in their second language, English, even though I hail from a country where it isn't an official language. There are several reasons for that. An important one for me is that I did a degree in it, a more specific one is that the market for speculative fiction (fantasy and science fiction) in my own language is very small, and therefore the community, amount of writers, etc. So... you become an English reader and, if you make that step, a writer of fiction in the English language.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo since 2005, and been in a writing group since 2006. I am not published, yet. In that time I've been to several classes, attempted several challenges and explored a lot of ways of writing and started a website for my fiction, mostly because I like messing around with HTML. It's taken about this long for me to comfortably say I am happy about the quality of my writing, and I'm now working on a novel I do intend to publish.

I hope to see you all around the forums, and thanks for providing this community, it's always been a great help!

Arike
--
Writing since 2005 | Current project: Modern Fairytales of Hyderabad (fantasy)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Returnee says hello

Returnee says hello Arike 4 years 10 months ago
Returnee says hello Magic Seeker 4 years 10 months ago
Returnee says hello Maripat 4 years 10 months ago
Returnee says hello J.A. Marlow 4 years 10 months ago
Returnee says hello Maripat 4 years 10 months ago
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds