Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hello, I am a newbie

Hello, I am a newbie 4 years 10 months ago #7302

• Littlegoblin10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Littlegoblin
Hello, I am a newbie, doing a comprehensive course in writing with WB as well as proofreading and copyediting which I must soon return to but re-registered for another four years with the former as my mother had not been well last year so I am trying to get back and squeeze in my writing. I am currently nursing an idea for a short story set in the period between the two wars, set in central Europe, at least Russia, based on an idea from a dream about a minor member of the Russian Royal family whose husband had been assasinated, she is helped to escape to Britain but I am trying to work out which country, Scotland or Wales. I have a sort of vague picture of a steam train travelling through mountainous country, its slopes lined with conifers. Even Britain was not at that time, totally stable and there was some debate as to whether to allow the the King's cousin to come over. I am trying to work out a fictional tale in which this lesser Royal acts as an emissary in trying to persuade the politicians to ascend to Nicholas and Alexander to come over as refugees. Setting the story in winter, I suppose I am stretching the imagination to one of these parts of Britain mentioned, covered in snow. I vaguely recall seing an image in my mind along these lines and thought that this might be ideal say for People's Friend. :unsure:
Fiona Johnston
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hello, I am a newbie

Hello, I am a newbie Littlegoblin10 4 years 10 months ago
Hello, I am a newbie Arike 4 years 10 months ago
Hello, I am a newbie Maripat 4 years 10 months ago
Hello, I am a newbie Michael E. Walston 4 years 10 months ago
Hello, I am a newbie Magic Seeker 4 years 10 months ago
Hello, I am a newbie J.A. Marlow 4 years 10 months ago
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds