Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM

Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM 4 years 6 months ago #14380

• barbcaffrey
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, all.

It's been a while -- in fact, it's been two or three years since I last checked in at FM, and to my surprise, all of my information was gone due to the site conversion.

Completely understandable, but it still threw me for a loop.

Anyway, I originally joined in either 2002 or 2003, so many of the old-timers should know me, I hope . . . I have good news to share, and figured I'd drop in to share it. Not sure where the "good news" forum is just yet, so I'll share it here and maybe end up sharing it elsewhere, too, once I figure the new site out.

So here it is -- my novel, ELFY, has a home at Twilight Times Books, and was accepted for publication last August. Due to ill health on my end, my final proofread has not yet been done (the publisher wants me to go over things one final time, possibly because I've helped her with a number of other projects since ELFY was accepted and she trusts my editing), but I hope to see the first part of ELFY out as an e-book later this year.

The second piece of good news is that I sold a story to Phyllis Irene Radford's "How Beer Saved the World" anthology, and the anthology has been out for just over a month. (My story is called "On the Making of Veffen," and here's a Link to Amazon US for "How Beer Saved the World".)

I'm also maintaining a blog called either Elfyverse or Barb Caffrey's blog, still review books over at Shiny Book Review from time to time (fewer since the recent unpleasant illness), and even at Amazon now and again due to being an Amazon Vine reviewer.

So that's what's been going on with me . . . as for what I'm doing here again, I figured maybe finding a few of my fellow writers to chat with now and again certainly would be a good thing.

That's all I know . . . glad to "see" you all again! (So to speak.)

Barb
Barb Caffrey, author
AN ELFY ON THE LOOSE
elfyverse.wordpress.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM

Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM barbcaffrey 4 years 6 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM ErinMH 4 years 6 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM barbcaffrey 4 years 4 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM jhmcmullen 4 years 6 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM Magic Seeker 4 years 6 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM lyricalmoon 4 years 6 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM barbcaffrey 4 years 4 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM jschara 4 years 4 months ago
Not new -- but new to this incarnation of FM J.A. Marlow 4 years 4 months ago
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds