Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work

Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work 3 years 11 months ago #20249

• estowe
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi. I started writing in January, 2012 when I wanted a resolution to a problem dangling at the end of Lois McMaster Bujold's fantasy novel The Hallowed Hunt. I posted that story on Archive of our Own, then wrote a second fan fiction piece for the same Chalion universe. After that I started writing original stories which I posted on Archive of our Own. They've just been deleted from that site because they're original work. I'm looking for a place to post stories in order to get feedback from readers. Sure, I'd love to publish, but I'm new to this. Mostly, I have tons of story ideas that I want to write.

In my past I've been a proofreader for a university press, a technical writer, and a high school English teacher. I like to read people's work; I prefer to be told what kind of feedback a writer seeks.

The three stories I've written recently concern people and events in a small (imagined) Massachusetts town northwest of Springfield. They are contemporary, intended to be humorous, and have romance. I like including a host of characters. The three stories span 2012, specifically end of May through early November.

The kinds of stories I like to read include fantasy, romance, some YA, and such authors as Terry Pratchett and Lois McMaster Bujold.

I'm excited about learning lots about writing and meeting other writers on Forward Motion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work

Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work estowe 3 years 11 months ago
Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work Magic Seeker 3 years 11 months ago
Hello, I'm seeking readers for my stories & happy to read others' work J.A. Marlow 3 years 11 months ago
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds