Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Re-oiling the gears :-)

Re-oiling the gears :-) 3 years 9 months ago #23979

• rainbowgryphon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Free Spirit
  • Thank you received: 3
Greetings everyone,

I ran across Forward Motion a while back, though I'm not sure I ever registered. I stopped writing for quite a while as I pursued other things in my life. I've recently started back up again, so I've come looking for a supportive writing community.

I'm in my mid-40s and have been writing for over 30 years. I started out writing literary fiction. I got into historical fiction for a little while, but my current interest is fantasy. I'm still learning about all the different subgenres, so I won't try to guess which one my novel idea goes under. I'm still making notes on it and plan on writing the rough draft for NaNoWriMo this year. In the meantime, I'm writing fantasy short stories to practice the genre.

Publishing isn't a really high priority for me right now, though I do share some of my short stories on my blog and will probably look for online venues for some of my short stories in the future. It's funny how my attitude to that has changed too over the years. It's more about sharing than about proving that my writing is worth something, which is how it used to be for me. I've learned that writing is therapy but publishing should not be, if that makes any sense.

It's been a while since I've immersed myself in writing talk, so I'm looking forward to doing that on these boards.

Rainbow
Before we can know the light, we must know the darkness.

My blog: http://www.rainbowgryphon.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Re-oiling the gears :-)

Re-oiling the gears :-) rainbowgryphon 3 years 9 months ago
Re-oiling the gears :-) Magic Seeker 3 years 9 months ago
Re-oiling the gears :-) WriterNotViking 3 years 9 months ago
Re-oiling the gears :-) cachance 3 years 9 months ago
Re-oiling the gears :-) J.A. Marlow 3 years 9 months ago
Re-oiling the gears :-) Kuroi Okami 3 years 9 months ago
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds