Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hi! *nervous*

Hi! *nervous* 3 years 5 months ago #28319

• ljlee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I'm LJ, juggling two jobs while trying to write. I have been a fan of fantasy and antiquity all my life, learning English in part by reading Lord of the Rings and Ivanhoe (alongside Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley Twins). I dabbled in writing fantasy and wrote quite a bit of fanfic, but realized my passion is in bringing bygone worlds to life and exploring how people lived in earlier eras. I am well aware that this is a difficult task to put it mildly, and George Eliot's castigation of the "modern-antique" species of silly novels is always on my mind. *points to sig*

I'm on word 21,125 of my first draft of my first novel for Camp NaNo, and when I think of everything I still have to do it seems like the process will never end. Sometimes I don't believe I have what it takes, whether talent or perseverance. I do know the way will be easier if I have others to walk it with, and I can lighten the load for someone else, too. To paraphrase Casablanca, I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship--or many. :)
Admitting that genius which has familiarized itself with all the relics of an ancient period can sometimes . . . restore the missing notes in the "music of humanity" and reconstruct the fragments into a whole which will really bring the remote past nearer to us . . . this form of imaginative power must always be among the very rarest, because it demands as much accurate and minute knowledge as creative vigor. -George Eliot, Silly Novels by Lady Novelists
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hi! *nervous*

Hi! *nervous* ljlee 3 years 5 months ago
Hi! *nervous* Ashe Elton Parker 3 years 5 months ago
Hi! *nervous* J.A. Marlow 3 years 5 months ago
Hi! *nervous* Magic Seeker 3 years 5 months ago
Hi! *nervous* ljlee 3 years 5 months ago
Hi! *nervous* Ashe Elton Parker 3 years 5 months ago
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds