Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Asking the right questions since 700 BC

Asking the right questions since 700 BC 3 years 2 months ago #31243

• ThoroughT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm Ben, 26, from Germany, in the last throes of my M.A. in Philosophy. The reason I'm here is twofold: I recently started serious work on two different novel projects and I find myself with a lot of stuff I want to discuss with others. Also, my old friend (actually, she's my oldest current friend) Annika directed me here. We actually met while writing board RPGs almost 10 years ago, when I was young and she was innocent or something like that. ;)

What do I write?
Well, first off, I write in German at this point, so most of you probably won't be able to read my stuff as such, but I hope we can still discuss characters, storycraft, and the likes. I also have been writing in one form or another since I was 14 or so, so the day when I will have been writing half my life is not too far off.

My (chronologically) first project is set in the Low-Fantasy world I use for my tabletop RPG group (yes, built it myself). It could one day grow to depict the rise of a minor noble family in the country of Melarien to kingship over a 300-year period. I've plotted a lot of the first book of potentially three and have already written a bit.

The other, strangely similar, project will be a historical novel about the man who built the beautiful 12th century castle just a few hundred meters (and 90 meters of elevation) away from where I live. His family grew to be rather important in this part of Germany until they fell around the year 1350. I've just started writing on this one and I'm not quite finished with the research.

My other interests include Basketball (can't play right now, recovering from an injury), history in all its glory, the inevitable writer's cat (I also have a girlfriend with cat eyes), cooking and obviously philosophy (I'm mostly analytic philosophy, if anyone is interested). I also play the guitar, I go to LARPs and I've done a bit of HEMA in the past and might do so again. My humor covers the spectrum between cynicism, geekiness and extremely silly puns, as I'm sure Annika will agree.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Asking the right questions since 700 BC

Asking the right questions since 700 BC ThoroughT 3 years 2 months ago
Asking the right questions since 700 BC Ashe Elton Parker 3 years 2 months ago
Asking the right questions since 700 BC Magic Seeker 3 years 2 months ago
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds