Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: a little troubled, at war

a little troubled, at war 2 years 11 months ago #33724

• Octavus
  • Junior Boarder
  • O Father, not mine, but Thine.
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello and thank you for taking time out of your life to read and help a lowly traveler. I mainly write short poems as I do not have the patience nor the discipline to conquer novels. I have started four books, the fourth of which began yesterday and is only birthing its first two pages before I begin thinking "Will I finish this one?" It hurts to know the depth of emotion lost to the flake of an individual unable to bring himself to the culmination of his experiences. ADVICE, please don't hold back, I am determined to get these things out of me. Writing is the sink that catches my overfilled cup. I can't keep it inside without it torturing me; it is healing, and it is beautiful. So I say again. ADVICE, please don't hold back.

Also, I was extremely disappointed to find how anti-profitable poetry is. I get it; I know why it's not profitable, but still, wish I didn't have to bust my ass on the daily when such beauty seems to wash away easily with unjust rewards. Anyhow, if I had a 'manuscript' of poems, how would I go about publishing it, and/or if I were to individually 'sell' said poems, which would be most profitable/how would I also go about that? Not to say that I am only interested in profit. I know readers will read no matter what company stakes claims, so let business be business.

Also, sorry, I recently wrote an unrhyming poem about a page (or less) long, kinda like a short story except much shorter. What is that called/how would I publish that?
"I am my own limitation, without my own limitation, I am." -Ancient Proverb
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Octavus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: a little troubled, at war

a little troubled, at war Octavus 2 years 11 months ago
a little troubled, at war Ashe Elton Parker 2 years 11 months ago
a little troubled, at war Magic Seeker 2 years 11 months ago
a little troubled, at war Candy_Lips 2 years 11 months ago
a little troubled, at war J.A. Marlow 2 years 11 months ago
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds