Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: I should have come here years ago!

I should have come here years ago! 5 years 1 month ago #2075

• Becky Black
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, all. I'm new here, though have been vaguely aware of Forward Motion for a few years, mostly through Lazette Gifford's posts on the NaNoWriMo boards and the NaNo For the New and Insane book.

I've been writing since late 2003, doing fanfiction for a few years before branching out into original and eventually deciding to write for publication. I sold my first novel in 2010 and it came out in January 2011. As of right now I have three out and as of Tuesday sixth of November I'll have four. Another one has just been contracted. They're all with digital first press Loose Id, but the first two are now also available in print.

I write m/m romance, so far all with science fiction/futuristic settings, though the one I'm about to start is a contemporary setting, but with sci-fi elements. (Okay, zombies. ;))

I've been a member of other writing boards, but some of them can be a bit troll-infested and also, full of people asking the same questions over and over, which gets a bit wearing. Forward Motion looks like it's got people who know how to search first and only ask if they still can't find the answer.

Though I've been published for almost two years now, I definitely feel like a newbie at this game with a lot to learn. But I hope I've got something to contribute too from my admittedly still limited experience. I love to talk about writing and way to improve the craft and about the whole business of being a writer. Looking forward to joining in here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: I should have come here years ago!

I should have come here years ago! Becky Black 5 years 1 month ago
I should have come here years ago! Maripat 5 years 1 month ago
I should have come here years ago! Magic Seeker 5 years 1 month ago
I should have come here years ago! Ashe Elton Parker 5 years 1 month ago
I should have come here years ago! J.A. Marlow 5 years 1 month ago
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds