Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 1 year 6 months ago #48537

• Katlin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hope Is Made Of Rain
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been lurking for a while now.

About me:
I'm Katlin. I wouldn't mind being a comic book writer some time in the future. The first thing I wrote (other than one page 'beginnings') was a 50,000 word novel. The second: a 120,000 word novel. Then, for the last year, I wrote a bunch of short stories, most of which I was not satisfied with.

What brought me to Forward Motion:
I saw it referred to on two sites I trust. One a very long time ago. The other fairly recently. And I have no friends who are interested in writing fiction of any kind. Plus, I just moved to Idaho. It would be nice to talk to somebody about what I enjoy the most. That's writing.

I recently saw Neil Gaiman's The Books of Magic illustrated in a comic book store in Spokane. I didn't really like my flip through, but, the thing is, I really really really liked the novel version when I was a kid. I never got to finish it. I would go into the library and bookstores in Texas and never find the last books. So that's what I'm thinking about. I want to experience it again and finish it. I didn't even know it was Neil Gaiman's. The name meant nothing to me as a kid, besides being the author of a book I loved. And I remember his bio. I also read Coraline. I suppose I'm feeling nostalgic.

So, hello!
Many pieces make a whole. Do what you can, and never stop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hello

Hello Katlin 1 year 6 months ago
Hello Magic Seeker 1 year 6 months ago
Hello Ashe Elton Parker 1 year 6 months ago
Hello Katlin 1 year 6 months ago
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds