Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Returning

Returning 1 year 1 week ago #52005

• JLKruppa
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

I'm Jessica. I was a (quiet) member of the old ForwardMotion website between 2007 and sometime prior to 2012 (evilninjakitty, I think...I was young, I made poor choices in screen names ;) ). I dropped off the planet somewhere in there, took an extended writing hiatus to get my degrees finished and in order. Anyway, I finished school in August, binge read fiction for a few months, and decided it's high time to get back in the writing saddle. So I hunted you guys back down.

I write and read mostly fantasy and science fantasy. I have one completed novel (~100k, shopped and trunked) and a smattering of short stories.

My new job has me spending ~3 hours of the day commuting in the car, so while I have a desire I don't have time for the traditional methods of writing and the common suggestions for "carving out" time to write are not viable. So at the end of November, after getting my hands on a digital voice recorder and transcription software, I've decided to turn my commute into writing time. It's... interesting.

So far I'm limited to brainstorming while I get through the learning curve and reinvent my writing process and figure out how to work with the results of the brainstorming.

Hopefully this time around I will be more active in the forums and less procrastinatey than last time.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by JLKruppa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Returning

Returning JLKruppa 1 year 1 week ago
Returning ErinMH 1 year 1 week ago
Returning Ashe Elton Parker 1 year 1 week ago
Returning djmills 1 year 1 week ago
Returning Magic Seeker 1 year 1 week ago
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds