Forward Motion for Writers

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the new Forward Motion forum!

Tell us who you are, and a little about your writing.

TOPIC: Hello from the Pacific

Hello from the Pacific 8 months 1 week ago #54036

• Minotaur
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I'm Vincent, or Vince, or Vinny, or whatever you like. Point is, I aint fussy. But wait.

♪ How did I get here? ♪ This is not my beautiful board. ♪

Paul Saxberg sent me here. I've been publishing a story to FB lately, and folks seem to like my writing, so now I'm planning to put some things on the market. Just short stories/novellas, sold for cheap, and I'll see how it goes. Anyway, I tend to isolate myself. I'm betting some of you relate. A community of like-minded people is probably a good thing to have, yeah? So, Paul sent me your way. :)

I have various modes of writing, and various voices. Casual, for situations like this. I don't worry much over grammar, maybe not even spelling. The point here is to communicate, not pass an English test. But, for my professional life and for my writing, that's another story. Basically, language should be a living forest, rather than fixed slab of cement. One is great to play in, run around, sing songs, have fun. The other is just a parking lot where old Winnebagos go to die. When I write, it's a bit of both. I want my stories to have life, and I want to enjoy writing them, but I recognize the need to provide structure for the reader. Thankfully that part "comes naturally" to me.

I generally write speculative stuff, scifi, mystery, but I have been considering trying my hand at romance. Hm... Not really sure what else to say here now. Maybe this gives you a vague notion of what I'm like. Can't wait to meet you all, please say hello!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replies in Topic: Hello from the Pacific

Hello from the Pacific Minotaur 8 months 1 week ago
Hello from the Pacific Ashe Elton Parker 8 months 1 week ago
Hello from the Pacific Magic Seeker 8 months 1 week ago
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds